Commercial auto liability insurance is mandatory in all U.S. states. Getting the right amount of liability protection in place will help you to protect your assets in the event of an accident. It is essential to know that your personal auto insurance won't cover your vehicles for business use. So, whether your business has one vehicle or a fleet of buses, vans, or dump trucks, be sure to get adequate commercial auto liability coverage. Your business is liable for accidents that you or your employees may cause; liability insurance will protect your company from a resulting liability claim or lawsuit.
Do you operate a business that requires you to have a vehicle to deliver your goods and services to your clients? Do you have a fleet of delivery trucks that are on the road 24/7? Small firms that own or operate vehicles have the same risks as large firms. You are at risk of losses arising out of accidents that can damage your vehicles and cause injury to third parties and employees.
Not all insurance companies offer commercial vehicle insurance. Some companies that specialize in auto coverage have a separate division that handles heavy vehicle insurance underwriting. Often, you can consult with your agent who can inform you of their coverage availability, or refer you to another insurer who may be able to handle your commercial needs.
Commercial Auto Insurance can provide your firm with security and protection from devastating liability claims arising from an accident involving your vehicle. Commercial Auto Insurance is usually offered on vehicles owned by a business and can include:
- Primary Liability - This coverage option protects you from damage or injuries to other people as a result of a truck accident. This coverage is mandated by state and federal agencies
- Comprehensive Physical Damage and Collision Coverage - This insurance is coverage for your truck and trailer. This coverage is for repair or replacement for damage resulting from things such as collision, fire, theft, hail, windstorm, earthquake, flood, mischief, or vandalism to your owned vehicles.
- Motor Truck Cargo Coverage - Motor Truck Cargo insurance protects the transporter for his responsibility in the event of damaged or lost freight. The policy is purchased with a maximum load limit per vehicle.
- General Liability - This coverage provides protection for injuries or property damage sustained while on your premises, using your products or services, or because of a breach of contract. Our company can offer you many lines of coverage for Artisans Contractors, Contractors Liability, Contractual Liability, Electrical Work, and Plumbing.
- Non-Trucking Liability/Bobtail Coverage - Non-Trucking Liability (Bobtail Coverage) provides limited liability insurance for owner-operators who are permanently leased to an ICC regulated carrier. It provides limited liability protection when the owner-operator is not on dispatch, nor pulling a loaded trailer.
At Heaton Bennett Insurance, we can help you find the right coverage at a fair price for your truck or trucking insurance needs in Austin, Texas including the;[SR1] Cedar Park, Georgetown, Lakeway, Pflugerville, and Round Rock areas.
We work with some of the-top rated companies for your commercial truck insurance policy and tailor a package that meets your truck and trailer needs.