Spring Home Remodeling Insurance Tips From Heaton Bennett Insurance
Many people in Texas are planning a home remodeling project for the spring or summer. These projects may include a new backyard, kitchen or addition for the expanding family. Whatever your project, you will need to protect yourself from the financial risks and hazards associated with a home remodel project.
If you are planning on hiring a contractor to help or construction company to help you with your project, keep these tips in mind. Following these guidelines will help reduce your risk and increase your chances for a successful, and hopefully stress-free, project. Always ask for insurance from the contractor or company.
- Before you hire a contractor, it is good to ask for references. The Better Business Bureau is an excellent place to start.
- Know what you want and have a specific list of products, including the brands. For example, if you want an air conditioner, be specific about the type and brand. There are many brands; some good and some not so good.
- Always have a written contract with a competition date.
- Visit other homes on which the contractor has worked.
- Some contractors may ask for 100% of the payment upfront. Never do this. A small amount of 10[SR1] % to 15% upfront is normal.
Heaton Bennett Insurance is an Independent Insurance Agency, which means we represent many different companies. We can find the insurer that is best for you. We can shop your insurance for you and provide with different options.
Heaton Bennett Insurance - A Texas Tradition.