Heaton Bennett Insurance A Texas Tradition
Your insurance needs change over time, so it is important to review your policies periodically to make sure they are up-to-date. Tragically, many people are not insured after devastating natural disasters. It's never too late to do a homeowner’s insurance checkup before the next threat heads your way. This article highlights some important insurance coverage you should consider such as:
- Flood Insurance
- Wind Insurance
- Cyber Liability Insurance
Steps To Help Secure The Right Coverage
- Make sure your homes information is up to date. Your agent should shave to right square footage and replacement value.
- Research the replacement cost for new construction in your area.
- Have our agency provide you with coverage options for competitive insurance products.
- Consider getting a "floater" to your home insurance policy. If you own valuable furs, jewelry, guns, collections, silverware, or artwork, a “floater” can cover the full value of those items. Consider adding building code or ordinance or law endorsement, which will help pay the higher cost of bringing plumbing, wiring, or other key systems up to current codes when rebuilding.
Choosing the right coverage for your home may depend on a number of factors. You generally need enough insurance to cover the cost of rebuilding your home and replacing your personal possessions. The homeowner's policy also provides liability insurance to defend you in the event of a lawsuit.
Heaton Bennett Insurance is an Independent Insurance Agency, which means we represent many different companies so we can find the one that is right for you. We can shop your insurance for you instead of you having to call around.