A Texas Workers’ Compensation Update
As a Texas business owner, you go to great lengths to provide a safe working environment for your employees, but when dealing with humans, accidents can happen. Despite your best efforts and vigilance, accidents will happen. The Bureau of Labor Statistics notes that in 2017, there were more than 1.1 million workplace injuries. Make sure you have adequate workers’ compensation to protect your business from loss. That is when Workers’ Compensation Insurance can help. Workers’ Compensation Insurance should be an essential part of your risk management program. There are proven methods to help you contain your costs as much as possible.
Here are some proven tools to help you contain your workers’ compensation costs:
- Create a company safety policy and clearly define safety rules
- Make sure upper management provide support
- Designate a safety committee or coordinator
- Create safety checklists and hazard reports for each job function
- Investigate all accidents
- Have a clear safety enforcement policy
- Provide safety training to all employees
- Request regular claim review meetings with your carrier and agent
- Develop a return to work program
Do not delegate safety, the companies with the best records have an owner on their safety team.
At Heaton Bennett Insurance, having a workplace that is protected gives you extra security. As a Texas employer, you have an obligation to ensure a safe workplace and the law requires a business to have Workers Compensation Insurance. Workers’ Compensation Insurance can provide the coverage to protect you from those unpredictable occurrences.