Online Auto Insurance Pitfalls From Heaton Bennett
We all have seen the commercials that state, “10 minutes is all it takes to buy auto insurance”. But let’s get real. Are we to believe that it takes less time to buy something as important as auto insurance, than it does to get your car cleaned at the car wash or fill your gas tank? Sorry, we don’t buy that at all, and neither should you.
Auto Insurance Fine Print
Before you buy auto insurance online you had better read the fine print, as there are a number of exclusions and conditions that may limit coverage.
- Online auto policies may only cover you, not other members of your household.
- Drivers under 21 may not be covered.
- Premiums may be subject to increases for one ticket.
- Many online policies don’t offer additional benefits such as accident forgiveness.
- Online companies generally don’t offer any loyalty discounts or other discounts that our companies offer.
- Many nonstandard policies may not provide full coverage. They may offer a lack of coverage causing more out of pocket expenses.
- Online auto insurance may not cover your car if you are a sales person or use your car for incidental business purposes.
- Buying online auto insurance does not include the personal and professional services of an independent agent who lives and works in your neighborhood and is committed to serving your needs.
Call us today and let us show you how we can help you with all your personal insurance needs. All of the insurance companies we represent provide a wide range of auto insurance products at a fair price. Your price gets even better if you qualify for any of our available discounts. We can help you understand what these terms mean and how much coverage is right for you.